Trade Mission to Singapore23 – 28 of April 2023
Rotterdam and Singapore have enjoyed a strong relationship for many years. As important world port cities with strong maritime clusters, both cities face similar challenges, partly because of their geographical location. Through time, local government bodies, knowledge and research institutes and companies from both cities have collaborated and exchanged knowledge and experiences.
In April 2023 Rotterdam Partners is organising an economic mission to Singapore, focusing on Smart and Sustainable shipping.
Want to expand your business in Singapore? Join this mission.
Are you interested in expanding your business in Singapore or strengthening your existing relations in the region? Then this mission is for you. Join us from 23 – 28 of April 2023, for a mission that will coincide with the Singapore Maritime Week and Sea Asia. This mission will be led by the Vice Mayor of Rotterdam, Mr Robert Simons and the CEO to the Port of Rotterdam, Mr. Allard Castelein. The registration is already closed.
Opportunities in Singapore
Singapore has kept its position as the leading maritime city of the world during the challenging pandemic years and has emerged as a true green transformation leader. Much like Rotterdam, Singapore plays a frontrunner role in shipping’s green technology transformation. The city is investing heavily in reducing the environmental impact of shipping and related industries and activities and in promoting clean and green shipping. During last year’s World Cities Summit the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore and the Port of Rotterdam Authority signed an agreement aiming to establish world’s longest Green and Digital Corridor for efficient and sustainable shipping.
Concrete opportunities for Dutch organisations
- The Port of Singapore’s transfer to TUAS Megaport
- Energy transition towards the use of cleaner fuels
- Main focus on Smart and Sustainable solutions
Why join this mission
- To learn more about opportunities in Singapore concerning Smart and Sustainable shipping
- To get in contact with relevant Singaporean players
- To explore and make use of several networking events
This mission is a great opportunity for:
- companies from the greater Rotterdam region, active in Smart and Sustainable shipping
- companies from the greater Rotterdam region who are looking to explore the Singaporean market active in the maritime and related sectors
Please check the provisional mission program here under:
- The hotel of choice will be the voco Orchard Singapore. Please let us know if you’d like to stay at this hotel, so we can send you information on a special deal. Bookings need to be arranged by participants.
- Participation fee is € 1,000 (excl. VAT) per organisation, for a maximum of two participants. The participation fee does not include flight and accommodation.
This mission is an initiative of The City of Rotterdam, Rotterdam Maritime Capital of Europe, Rotterdam Partners, Port of Rotterdam, Netherlands Maritime Technology and the Royal Dutch Embassy in Singapore.
Need more information?
Please contact Jorrit van Dijck or Eva Verschoor: